This posting has expired and is no longer available.
SUMMARY: The HR Manager provides practical, consistent and proactive support, direction and advice to other managers on HR procedure, policy, best practices, and employment-related legislation to facilitate organizational objectives. Directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures; review, improve, update and maintain Company handbook on policies and procedures.
- Serve as subject matter expert and advise management of relevant laws and legislation on a federal, state and local level.
- Develop, review, and implement relevant procedures, directives, programs, etc. in compliance with and in support of corporate objectives, government regulations and union labor agreements to limit the Company’s liability.
- Participate in settlement of labor disputes, collective bargaining negotiations, litigation, etc. which impact corporate operations.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions for each position. Analyze wage and salary data to determine competitive compensation for each position.
- Conduct recruitment for all non-union personnel, write and place advertisements, screen resumes, interview candidates, check references and pre-employment processes (including E-Verify), and conduct new-employee orientations.
- Manage the MVR program to ensure DMV information is accurate and up to date.
- Manage and maintain applicant database and tracking system.
- Develop and maintain labor pool opportunities in accordance with OFCCP guidelines.
- Monitor the personnel files to ensure all documentation and required information is up-to-date.
- Develop, maintain and submit the Affirmative Action; EEO-1, Vets 100, and other required reports and logs.
- Advise management in the appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Assist in disciplinary matters.
- Plan and manage employee events and recognitions programs.
- Counsel employees on issues and concerns.
- Administer the performance review program to ensure timeliness and maximum effectiveness.
- Work together with Safety Department and supervisors/foremen to ensure safety training of all employees.
- Manage and maintain HR portal in the Company’s database.
- Manage the 401(k) benefit program including coordinating the annual audit, 5500 submittal, enrollment and distributions, educational programs, and serve as a member of the 401(k) committee.
- Supervise all employee termination paperwork and status changes.
- Coordinate exit interviews for all separating employees.
- Develop and manage the HR staff.
- Manage all HR related projects assigned by Senior Management.
- Manage and track all Leaves of Absence including FMLA, CFRA, Pregnancy, Military, Personal, etc.
- Work in tandem with the Field Labor manager and the Safety Manager to manage Workers Compensation claims.
- Respond to and manage unemployment and disability claims as well as EDD and other agency audits.
- Manage and oversee Company benefit programs.
- Develop and manage annual HR budget.
- Reconcile and code invoices.
- Review and suggest Human Resource related changes to add value to the Company or improve corporate culture & work environment.
Skills / Requirements
- BA / BS – with emphasis in Human Resources Management or related business experience; SPHR or PHR certification a plus.
- At least five years progressive Human Resource Management experience with experience in construction industry preferred.
- Strong grasp of all facets of employment law and regulations on a federal, state and local level.
- Proficient interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead organizational efforts and drive others toward results.
Baker Electric is a best of class, forward-acting electrical contractor, recognized as a preferred partner delivering truly great results. Baker is a place where careers are made, lives are enriched and successes are celebrated. "We Deliver Energy Through People"